Establishing a disciplined fitness routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to remain motivated before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of exercising itself is usually not enjoyable. We do it primarily for the outcome and future health benefits, but it can be difficult to push through the stress and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why most people find ways to take their minds off the actual work, usually by listening to music.
Music not only supplies a diversion but also brings about the motivation and stimulation needed to maximize effort. You might not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your best music and all of a sudden you’re charged and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be helpful for those with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aids, you can stream your favorite music directly from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any wires getting in the way.
As an alternative, if you’re in the learning frame of mind, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet based courses, developing both your mental and physical health simultaneously.
Have an exercise partner instead?
The latest hearing aid models, furnished with directional microphones, target and enhance speech while curbing background noise, making it easier to maintain a discussion with your partner in a fast paced gym.
For all these reasons hearing aids are essential gym equipment, but you might be concerned about possible damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While most hearing aid models are resistant against dust and moisture to some extent, there are a number of accessories you can use to protect your hearing aids at the gym.
Think about investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, safeguarding them from sweat and dirt.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to prevent damage or loss if your hearing aids become unexpectedly dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – maintaining an extra pair on hand assures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids after your workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) remove moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) provide a safe place for storage overnight.
With a little care and planning, you can securely enjoy all the benefits of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to learn more about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!